Pages

27.6.16

Shires Fox Print Rug Review

Great Britain's April shower season has exceeded all expectations by continuing into May and June, with an uncomfortable humidity in the air...this has meant two dilemmas;

1. The need to keep Oscar clean and dry to make my life easier (mud monster).
2. Maintaining Oscar's temperature, so not to get too warm when the sun comes out but also after a torrential downpour to avoid him becoming chilled.


Thankfully, Shires read my mind and released a fox print, limited edition version of their trusted Highlander Original Lite Turnout Rug which has the following features;
  • Hard wearing 600D waterproof outer fabric
  • Fully lined and breathable
  • Deep shoulder gussets
  • Twin buckle chest fastenings
  • Adjustable fillet strap
  • Adjustable cross surcingles
  • Tail flap
  • Purchased from R&R Country £46

As with all Shires rugs, I don't find their sizing overly generous and although Oscar is between a 5'9 and 6'0ft I always opt for the latter in Shires, so if in doubt with this brand, go up! The fox pattern is super cute, a hunting green rug decorated with orange foxes, I don;t know which I love more, this or the chicken rug?


And saving the best till last...IT WORKS, it is actually waterproof, I have numerous lightweight rugs in my tack room that leave damp patches on bums and down necks that I had almost given up on them! But now I've found it, I am quite happy to give it a rest for July and the rain to go away - one can hope!!!

Thank you for reading, Jessica and Oscar xxxx