Pages

11.5.16

Summertime Means Sleeveless-ness

Summertime happened here in the UK on Sunday and Monday, the weather was beautiful as we watched riders battle at the prestigious four star event, Badminton Horse Trials. Only to be bought back down to earth Tuesday and Wednesday seeing the cancellation of The Windsor Horse Show opening because of flooding from rainfall.


Proof we need to make the most of the British weather when it is on our side and I wasted no time in digging out my summertime staple, the sleeveless polo top! I am under no illusion this solves the issue of the embarrassing "horse riders tan" but for me I prefer these tan lines to a sleeved polo top and it offers more security than the ideal tanning top, a boob tube (laughed as I wrote that)!

Summer 2016 (L) and Summer 2015 (R)
it appears we like to wear shades of green in Summer

I love my sleeveless polo tops because they have a smart collar, especially useful if riding with a body protector as they can rub against bare skin, this too keeps the sun off our neck. They're often tailored, offering a comfortable, slim but never tight fit and I look for a soft breathable fabric. 



My favourite brands are Pikeur, because of their vibrant, colourful collection and the classic range from Horseware that are so competitively priced, they are hard to resist! My collection grows each Summer...isn't the Pikeur yellow lovely?


Thank you for reading, Jessica and Oscar xxxx