Pages

24.11.15

Thermatex Quarter Rug

The beginning of November could have easily been mistaken for Springtime here in the UK, we basked in beautiful sunshine and there was a warmth to the air. Met Office records show it was on average 3.8 degrees celcius higher than normal, proving to be the second warmest since records began in 1772 - love a geeky weather fact.

As November progressed the warmth remained but the sunshine turned to cloud and rain, and I doubt I am alone in saying I have been longing for a crisp Autumnal morning when our fields sparkle like a harvest of diamonds in the sunshine. 

And did I get more than I bargained for on Saturday morning when I woke up to SNOW! Thankfully, it was only a sprinkling and the UK didn't grind to a halt but each day since for me, the world has glittered, meaning my Prince's bottom warmer finally came out to play.

Almost twelve months ago I wrote a Wish List...I have been fortunate enough to tick two things off of it during 2015, one being a Thermatex Quarter Rug. I already had a general fleece exercise sheet that is perfect for wearing on a hack, it is one of those that goes under my saddle flap, the only downside being when I have to remove it amid a schooling session...I have been mistaken for doing an around the world pony club movement, legs and velcro everywhere! 



The Thermatex Quarter Rug takes away that inconvenience as it has two velcro tabs that attach to either the girth strap or the stirrup leather hole, whichever suits your saddle best, both are easily accessible when riding to simply whip off unaided.



It is of course made from the quality Thermatex fabric, a high performance wool and acrylic blend to wick away moisture and insulate, each one is hand cut and you're able to choose from 22 colours, with several binding options and the additon of embroidery! If that doesn't excite you, I don't know what will!

I chose a navy sheet, single binding in white and my initials JJC embroidered with an accompanying navy and white fillet string. I am mesmerised by it, it is even more perfect than I imagined, super lightweight and keeps Oscar at the perfect temperature when I am warming up and cooling down, I can grab it myself off the gate without any fuss!



So now you all want one - Dear Santa - let's talk about  sizing, typically with Thermatex products you go down a size due to the nature of the material however the same recommendation isn't made with their quarter rugs and I bought true to size a 6'0" rug = 4'6" exercise rug. Below is the chart taken from their website if you're unsure:
Prices start from £55.95.


Rug Size

Thank you for reading, Jessica and Oscar xxxx