Pages

23.4.15

Keeping Up With The Unicorns - Barrier Revitalising Wash Shampoo

The blissful weather we're enjoying in the UK has meant more hours in the saddle...I have gone from ticking Oscar over in the indoor ménage with a thirty minute schooling session to lovely long hacks as the sunsets and the temperature starts to drop for the crisp Springtime evenings - **happy sigh** I love our beautiful seasons.

I know Oscar is feeling the warmer weather as upon untacking I have had a sweaty saddle patch to deal with...this resulted in me diving head first into my treasure chest of grooming lotions and potions to pull out my trusted Barrier Revitalising Wash Shampoo.



I only have to open the bottle and it takes me back to Summer days, the refreshing scent from the natural peppermint and spearmint oils are delicious and it gets a huge thumbs up from me due to it's minimal lather meaning there is no need to wash off after use - and this a truth, I never rinse off after using it and Oscar's coat is never dull, dry, sticky or fluffy, the product is invisible...or as I should say, natural - this also means it is free from all prohibited substances under current FEI and HRA rules.

The peppermint and spearmint oils instantly refresh and cool the skin without chilling the horse, I always use lukewarm water when I wash off - unless in a heatwave, very rare here in the UK - and I believe washing sweat off your steed is important as the salt from sweat will dull your horses coat and can irritate their skin, nothing worse than a scurfy coat and a dusty grey hand! Barrier Revitalising Wash Shampoo also contains nourishing coconut, one of the kindest yet most thorough substances to cleanse the hair and skin leaving it silky soft.


After a wash off...I'm so pretty, oh so pretty...

I use one capful to one litre of lukewarm water, dip in my sponge, squeeze it out (to avoid getting the coat too wet) and gently rub the damp saddle/girth area and there is no chore to get fresh water and a clean sponge to wash off....so easy, there is no excuse not to do it.


I buy the 500ml bottle and it goes a long way, usually lasting the whole Summer - available at Viovet for £6.06 however a 5 litre bottle is available for £41.26, economical if you have a string of horses to wash off at a yard. Long may the sunshine continue...

Thank you for reading, Jessica and Oscar xxxx