Pages

22.1.15

Celeris, Maker of Bespoke Riding Boots

Celeris are makers of bespoke riding boots, their leatherwork comes all the way from a Portuguese workshop where every single boot is handmade using ancient skill and craftsmanship. A flourishing business in Portugal, the boots were launched to the UK in 2011 and now have a faithful following from professional and amateur riders alike and in Summer 2014 I was lucky enough to join them when I was chosen to win a pair of short (jodphur) boots from a Facebook "Like & Share" competition.

I danced with glee when I saw I had won, as a self confessed Ariat addict (see here and here) I couldn't wait to put these boots to the test and I got off to a fabulous start, when shopping for my Ariats I am Miss Sensible, shopping at Celeris is a far more enchanting experience; laces...or no laces, navy, chestnut, chocolate or faux croc? Heaven! Or hell, as I could only pick one pair!

I chose the Mistral Boot (£132), the perfect luxury jodphur boot. The Mistral Boot is made from full grain calf skin lining, with elasticated side gussets and a rounded toe, a leather insole, rubber sole and spur rest, playing it safe - as per usual - I opted for black to match my Ariat chaps, and they are a vision. When they arrived I frantically unwrapped the box, eyes half closed...have they been worth the wait (Celeris boots can take 8-12 weeks to be created), they did not disappoint! I threw out the packaging and opened the boot, placing it on my foot the delicious leather is buttery soft and instantly felt like a second skin, I couldn't wait to get to the yard and ride, somewhat like a kid at Christmas, on my Mistral's went...would they fair as well in the saddle? 


The boots are delicate, smooth and slim and mould to my feet, they don't feel as though I should do yard jobs in them (so I haven't) but they make up for that by the close contact they give me when my foot drops into the stirrup, my foot hasn't budged once when riding in them, they're very secure. 


I don't know if I can live with only one pair of Celeris boots in my life and I now have a wishlist of the Passage in polished black, the Bia in calro, the Diogo in medium tan, and I can guarantee Celeris will meet your wishlist too, they offer an extensive colour range with any combination you require with or without 'bling'. Twenty four measurements are taken to ensure a supreme fit, measuring the foot and leg to your individual requirement, fitting can happen face to face, via the telephone or Skype

Celeris are a sure way to beat January blues so what are you waiting for...      (Payday...)

Thank you for reading, Jessica and Oscar xxxx