Pages

22.11.14

Keeping Up With The Unicorns...ShowSheen Hair Polish & Detangler


I have had ShowSheen products on my 'to try' list for some time and when I saw the Hair Polish & Detangler on sale at the British Dressage National Championships with 25% extra free, I read it as a calling and purchased it immediately!

As you know, I own a grey meaning a sleek, glossy coat you can see your face in is near on impossible, therefore coat shine was not my sole purpose of purchasing this product, the reason I opted for it was one powerful statement...
"Can reduce grooming time by up to 80%"
Who would say no to that...? 

ShowSheen Hair Polish & Detangler is described as a multi-purpose grooming aid, uniquely formulated to coat each hair shaft ensuring manes and tails stay tangle-free and keep your horse cleaner for longer by repelling dust and dirt, it includes pro-vitamins to nourish the coat, added silk proteins to strengthen hair and is mildly scented with calming jasmine and soothing sandalwood...and credit where credit is due, it smells rather nice. Thanks to recent weather conditions, I have been putting ShowSheen thoroughly through it paces because the mud sticks everywhere, especially in Oscar's forelock, to his face, around his ears, the top of his neck...not to mention his legs - a full neck rug can only protect so much!


As a minimum each day I flick through Oscar's coat using a dandy brush and have then been spritzing the ShowSheen with one pump over an area, the pump is powerful and covers quite a large surface and doesn't leave a damp spritz patch in one area (who else hates it when that happens with a spirtizy bottle?) instead it delicately coats a large area - perfect - take care not to spritz to close to the saddle/girth area as it could make this area slippy! I then slide my LeMieux Lambskin Grooming Mitt over Oscar's coat in the direction of the hair. It makes him feel baby soft, and 100% helps with mud, I find he comes in from the field with less stuck in his coat but I have to disagree that it repels stains as I still sigh when Oscar struts out his stable each morning having yet again rolled in his own poo! No polish will repel that, only elbow grease!


Overall I enjoy using the ShowSheen Hair Polish & Detangler, I can't remember how much I paid but have found it online for £13.67 at Viovet. I would definitely re-purchase and would choose this product over a separate mane and tail spray as having everything in one bottle makes life much easier.

Thank you for reading,  Jessica and Oscar xxxx